2018 Clyde Snow Award Submissions
The Center for Social Justice at the University of Oklahoma invites nominations for the award in honor of forensic anthropologist, Dr. Clyde Snow. The award recognizes the efforts of those who strive to restore the humanity and dignity of individuals and communities that have suffered human rights violations.
Nominees should have a record of efforts towards supporting survivors of human rights abuses, honoring victims of atrocities, and advocating on behalf of communities in the pursuit of justice. Individuals or groups may nominate themselves, or be nominated by someone else.
Nominators should submit a completed application, consisting of:
1) The nomination form (which can be found at csj.ou.edu/clyde-snow-social-justice-award)
2) A copy of the nominee’s resume (or a chronological summary of accomplishments, if the nominee is a group)
3) A letter of nomination detailing the nominee’s efforts and accomplishments.
Letters of nomination should:
1) Explain how nominees have demonstrated leadership, courage, and compassion in their work advocating for victims of human rights abuses
2) Give a clear history of the nominees’ involvement with their causes
3) Explain how the nominees’ efforts give continuity to Dr. Snow’s work
If the nominee makes the nomination, a letter of recommendation should also be included.
Supporting documentation, in the form of media coverage, photos, videos, artwork, and testimonials, is encouraged, but these materials cannot be returned to the nominator. All nominations must be submitted in English.
The Clyde Snow Social Justice Award will be presented in a ceremony at the University of Oklahoma in September 2018. The Award will consist of a monetary prize in the amount of $5,000, and a sculpture designed by Oklahoma artist Harvey Pratt. The Center for Social Justice will bring the awardee to Oklahoma to receive the award and give a public presentation. If a group receives the award, the Center can only pay for one member to travel to Oklahoma for the award ceremony.
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com.
The deadline for complete submissions is February 28, 2018.
Name of Nominator
Name of Nominee (individual or group)
Attach Nomination Form
Attach Letter of Nomination
Attach Supporting Documentation 1
Attach Supporting Documentation 2
Do you have more items to attach? Select "Yes" if you would like to attach more documents.
Attach Supporting Documentation 3
Attach Supporting Documentation 4
Attach Supporting Documentation 5
Attach Supporting Documentation 6
Attach Supporting Documentation 7
Do Not Fill This Out